For Non Profits
Choosing the Platforms Right for You
What Marketing Platforms work best for you?
HARNESS THE POWER OF POWERFUL MESSAGING
Every organization relies on a unique set of technology platforms to accomplish its goals, and your nonprofit is no exception. Our team takes a comprehensive approach to your entire technology “stack” and actively works to configure features, integrate platforms, and transition to new solutions when it serves the best interests of your organization and supporters.
At Social Advertising Center:
- We prioritize user-centric technology, which entails properly configuring and tightly integrating platforms to facilitate closer engagement and effortless action among supporters.
- Our systems are designed to help you establish stronger relationships with supporters and avoid unnecessary complications.
- We also automate manual tasks through optimized workflows to provide you with more time to focus on critical work.
- We adhere to robust standards for supporter data and platform access and advocate for rigorous cybersecurity practices to ensure the safety of your organization’s sensitive information.
- Additionally, we believe that your users should maintain control over their data, while your organization should retain control over its platforms.
Let’s get started
HOW WE DO IT
Website Conversion Audit
A website conversion audit is a process of evaluating and analyzing a website to determine how well it is converting visitors into customers or leads. The goal of a website conversion audit is to identify any potential issues or barriers that are preventing visitors from taking the desired action, such as making a purchase or filling out a form.
To conduct a website conversion audit, K Moody & Associates will analyze several different aspects of your website, including its design, content, functionality, and user experience. Some specific areas we will focus on include the following:
- The overall design and layout of the website, including its color scheme, fonts, and images.
- The navigation and menu structure, and whether it is easy for visitors to find what they are looking for.
- The quality and relevance of the website’s content, including its tone, style, and formatting.
- The functionality of the website, including its loading speed, search capabilities, and mobile-friendliness.
- The user experience of the website, including its ease of use, clarity of messaging, and call-to-actions.
Once we have analyzed these different aspects of your website, we will compile our findings into a report and make recommendations for improving the website’s conversion rate. This can involve making changes to the design, content, or functionality of the website, as well as testing different versions of the website to see which ones are most effective at converting visitors into customers.
A marketing audit for nonprofits is a comprehensive evaluation of an organization’s marketing efforts and activities, with the goal of identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The goal of a marketing audit is to provide the organization with insights and recommendations for improving its marketing efforts and achieving its goals.
To conduct a marketing audit for a nonprofit organization, you will need to analyze several different aspects of the organization’s marketing efforts, including its target audience, messaging, channels, and results. Some specific areas you may want to focus on include the following:
- The organization’s target audience, including its demographics, interests, and behaviors.
- The organization’s brand and messaging, including its mission, vision, and values, as well as its tone, style, and messaging.
- The organization’s marketing channels, including its website, social media, email, and other forms of outreach.
- The organization’s marketing results, including its website traffic, social media engagement, email open and click-through rates, and other metrics.
Once you have analyzed these different aspects of the organization’s marketing efforts, you can compile your findings into a report and make recommendations for improving the organization’s marketing strategy. This can involve identifying new target audiences, refining the organization’s messaging, expanding its marketing channels, or testing different marketing tactics to see which ones are most effective.
Marketing Platform Implementation
K Moody & Associates will implement a marketing platform for your nonprofit organization by:
- Identifying the specific needs and goals of your organization, and research different marketing platforms to find ones that align with those needs and goals.
- Select a platform and create an account. This may involve filling out an application and providing documentation to verify your nonprofit status.
- Set up the platform and configure it to meet the needs of the organization. This may involve importing data, creating templates and campaigns, and setting up integrations with other tools and platforms.
- Create and launch marketing campaigns using the platform. This may involve creating content, setting up targeting and automation, and monitoring and optimizing the performance of the campaigns.
- Regularly review and assess the performance of the platform and the campaigns, and make adjustments as needed to improve their effectiveness and achieve the organization’s goals.
Implementing a marketing platform can be a complex and time-consuming process, so it’s important to have a clear plan and dedicated resources to ensure a successful implementation.
Platform migration is the process of moving from one platform to another, typically to take advantage of new features, improve performance, or reduce costs. This can involve transferring data, applications, and other assets from the old platform to the new one, as well as making any necessary changes to processes and systems to support the new platform.
K Moody & Associates will handle all Migration to a new platforms for you if need be, as it can be a complex and time-consuming process. It’s important to have a clear plan and dedicated resources to ensure a successful migration.
Digital Advertising Campaigns
Digital advertising campaigns can be an effective way for nonprofits to raise awareness for their cause and engage with potential donors. Some key things to consider when planning a digital advertising campaign for a nonprofit organization include:
- Identifying the goals of the campaign and the target audience. This will help determine the type of ads to use and the platforms to target.
- Developing compelling and relevant ad content. Ads should clearly communicate the nonprofit’s mission and the impact of donating.
- Choosing the right platforms and targeting options. Some popular platforms for digital advertising include Google AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram. It’s important to select platforms where the target audience is likely to be present.
- Setting a budget and tracking results. It’s important to set a budget for the campaign and regularly track key metrics, such as click-through rate and conversions, to ensure that the campaign is successful.
- Optimizing the campaign based on performance. Regularly analyzing the results of the campaign can help identify areas for improvement and allow for adjustments to be made to improve the effectiveness of the ads.
Overall, digital advertising campaigns can be an effective way for nonprofits to raise awareness and engage with potential donors. By carefully planning and executing the campaign, organizations can maximize the impact of their ads and achieve their fundraising goals.